5.27.2011

Repair Canon Squeak

When I got my A-1, it unfortunately had the infamous Canon squeak. Seller didn't mention it so I had to repair on my own. I got one of the kits on ebay since I had no idea which oil was the best to use and that I wasn't sure where to get the syringe. Instructions came with the kit but I also researched before hand. The method I used is only one of the several ways there are but of course most people recommend to get a full CLA (too expensive tho. ~$100).

-the kit; some oil spilled when I got it but its more than enough for just one repair

-have to bend your syringe to around 45°

-dismantle the front cover and the screw in the upper left where you insert the syringe

-making sure the tip is facing downwards, insert a small drop of oil
-test how much oil the syringe lets out before inserting into the camera
-fire a few shots to see if the squeak goes away, if not, repeat
- tilt the camera to make sure the oil moves around

and no more annoying sounds!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...